Prolonged sore throat, tests showed negative strep, presence of enterobacter cloacae. How did I contract it?

HAD SORE THROAT FOR SEVERAL DAYS HAD QUICK STREP TEST CAME OUT NEG. SENT OUT TO LAB ,4-5 DAYS LATER CAME UP WITH ENTEROBACTER CLOACAE. HOW DID I GET THIS, RESPONSE FROM MEDICAL TECH. NEVER SAW IN THROAT BEFORE MAYBE FROM NOT WASHING HANDS FECAL MATTER COULD OF BEEN INGESTED. IS THIS POSSIBLE? SEARCHED ABOUT THIS ONLINE DID NOT SEE ANYTHING STATING INGESTED FROM FECAL MATTER DID SEE SOMETHING ON CONTAMINATED WATER WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS TROUBLING ME!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012