Prolonged periods with bleeding for 10-15 days, advised Martinor after baseline scan. Why the tablet ?

Hi Mam, I get my periods everymonth 25th but tI have a prolonged period i have bleeding for more than 10 to 15 days.. I am married since 2 years and no kids ..i have consultanted the doctor they had taken the Blood test on Day 2 and I had a baseline scan on day 5 Blood test was normal and Scan i had small follicles in Rigth and Left Ovary the my Dr adviced me to take Martinor tablet morning and night from Day 10-Day 25..please explain me for what reason this tablet is adviced for me.. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012