Prolonged periods cycle, red watery blood. Using bio identical hormone cream. History of irregular periods. Normal symptoms?

I m 50 and been having irregular periods since having my last baby at 37. The last several years, I ve had two or three periods in a month. I ve been fairly regular on bioidentical hormone cream for a yr or so and then went off of it a month ago. For the first time since getting my period at almost 17 (other than pregnancies), I went almost three months period free. I m on day 8 if my period now and it s been mostly bright red and thin. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013