Prolonged periods cycle, brown bleeding. Taken depo shot recently. Normal symptoms?

Hi there, I ve recently had the depo jab, I had it at the beggining of December and all of a sudden ever since a week before New Year s Eve I ve been on my period ever since. Is this normal, it s not even normal blood it s the brown blood you tend to get after your period? I m just finding it really uncomfortable that my period isn t stopping!
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hello madam, well from the history you have given, depo provera does cause break through bleeding.....generally people on depo will have amenorrhea though the side effect of break through bleeding occurs...And also prolonged bleeding may worsen your health. ...i would suggest you to consult your gynaecologist, you may require a local examination and may be given medications like antifibrinolytics to stop your bleeding......