Prolonged periods cycle, bleeding started again. Taking deviry. History of endrometrioma in right ovary. Complication?

After 12 days of my last period the bleeding again has started. Doc prescribed Deviry 10 mg BD for 15 days . but as bleeding did not stop even after taking for 7 day, i stopped taking it after consultation with Doc. I had Endrometrioma in right ovary , small cyst . My query is Why Deviry could not work? is there any other complication could have??
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
The possibility is that the dosage may not have been sufficient; sometimes combination pills work better in such circumstances. Sometimes you may not see the result until some amount of hormone build up is seen, like say, about ten days of treatment. Since you also have an endometrioma, combination pills could work better for you. Also, you should get a complete hormonal profile to get a better idea of what can work better for you. To see if there is any endometrial hyperplasia, you can have a test biopsy after excluding bleeding and clotting profile abnormalities. Hope this helps.