Prolonged periods cycle. Taking provera to stop bleeding, heavy bleeding, clots. Treatment?

I am 38 and had the first irregular period of my life ( bleeding for over 10 days instead of 5-7) I called my Dr. and she had me take provera for 10 days. They told me that it would probably make me stop bleeding while taking it. It only stopped for 2 days (days 2 and 3) and my last pill was 4 days ago. Immediately after taking my last pill, my period got very heavy and lots of cramping, and still contiues to do so. My question how long should this go on? What is normal?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  61 Awaiting Answer