Prolonged periods. Taking norethisterone tablets, heavy bleeding with clots. Hysterscopy advised. Is it required?

Hi I m 36 with no kids, I have had prolonged periods with a lot of clots for 4 months until I recently saw a gynaecologist , she put me on norethisterone tablets that I took for 3 weeks to stop the bleeding , and said I might need to have a hysterscopy. After finished the tablets, I had a painful heavy bleed with clots. The period stopped last week. I ve been suffering with heavy periods most of my life. I was taking the pill for some years, until last year I decided to come of it. As the periods have been fine until this year. I ve had a 2nd scan just last week said it looked all fine. I m due to see the dr again end of this month, Would I still need to go have the hysterscopy?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012