Prolonged periods, BV, slight bleeding, brown blood. Using gel. Treatment?

Right so the thing is I had my period for a month so I decided to go to the doctor and she told me that I had BV. Im being treated with a gel but have noticed that I am still bleeding but only whenever I use tissue to see if theres blood in there or not and sometimes there are tiny little specks of brown blood when I do this.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
May 2013
Prolonged spotting can occur due to many causes. Like:
-Hormonal imbalance
-Local causes like cervical erosion
-Uterine causes like fibroids
-General causes like thyroid hormonal abnormality etc.
But as your doctor told that you are having bacterial vaginosis and you are having spotting only when you wipe, there is more possibility for local causes.
Pelvic infection can sometimes lead to cervical erosion etc and that can present with spotting.
So you once again consult your doctor and get examined.
Then depending on the cause treatment can be taken.
Sometimes cryotherapy etc can help in healing local lesions.