Prolonged menstruation with heavy bleeding after taking birth control pills. Why is it happening?

I just started the birth control pill , Lutera . My period ended a few sundays ago, so i started the pill then. 2 weeks into the pill, it seemed as if my period started again, but very brown & thick. I kept taking the pills each day, and now I have started the placebo pills, which were meant for my period cycle (which seems to have already started) and my period is heavier now and more red like normal. Why is this happening? It s like I have had a 11 day period so far.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  23 Awaiting Answer