Prolonged menstruation after taking contraceptive pills. Prescribed with duphaston. Will this medication cause cancer?

Hi, My gynecologist prescribed Duphaston for 15 days because I am not tolerating my contraceptive pills since two months ago. The symptom is that I bleed all the time during the whole cycle, instead of after finishing each pill package. He has change my pill twice and still, I am starting to bleed again. I trust my doctor, but I am very concerned about taking hormones and its relation to cancer , since I have many family members that have died because of cancer, specially on my father s side. Would you recommend taking Duphaston to stop the bleeding? Is there a significant risk? Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013