Prolonged menstrual cycle. Taking januvia for diabetes, ovarian cysts. Will novelon stop excess bleeding?

1 and a half months ago i was diagnosed with diabetes and right ovarian cyst . when i went to my gynecologist he told me that my ovarian cyst would get cured once my blood sugar level goes down. next i went to a diabetes specialist . he gave me triglimisave and januvia 100mg . After about 2 weeks my period started (3rd july 2012) but it continuing still now. so i called up my gynecologist and he suggested novelon. but i am having doubts abouts it because i have read that it disrupts normal menstrual cycle. so my question is can i use novelon to stop excess bleeding?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012