Prolonged hiccups. Jaundice suggested in the blood test. Kidney and liver affected. Not able to stop smoking. Any advice?

My dad who is 67 is having prolonged hiccups till now (started 2 weeks ago). The doctors told there is sign of jaundice in his blood test . They said it effected his liver and kidney . He is also a heart patient. He has gone through a bypass surgery 9 years ago but he is unable to give up smoking . He has diabetics and high blood pressure. He has become very thin. He has got no proper sleep due to the hiccups He is also unable to eat well. His skin looks very dry.We are worried about his health condition. Can anyone please advise us how to help him.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013