Prolonged heavy periods with severe migraine headaches, distended abdomen. Is hysterectomy the obvious answer if its fibroid ?

Hi there I have recently developed very prolonged heavy periods along with thunderous migraines and backache . I have also experienced bladder problems in the last 6 months, to the point where the urge to urinate is very sudden and very urgent. I wet myself if I don t get to a toilet immediately. I I have been out on the mini pill by my doctor whilst we organise an ultrasound for fibroids , which we suspect I have. My abdomen is distended and I have considerable discomfort. If this all turns out to be a large fibroid, is hysterectomy the obvious answer? Many thanks
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013