Prolonged haemoglobin problem. Had heart attack previously. Having damage to the stomach lining. Suggestions?

My nephew 40 years old has a continuing haemaglobin problem. He had a heart attack 16 months ago when his blood level was 7 and has had multiple blood transfusions since then. He also has had endoscopopys and colonoscopys plus a camera and the only results to date are that he has some damage to the lining of his stomach from medication . I feel there is an underlyng problem as his energy levels are very poor.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013