Prolonged cough, wheeze while breathing, painful sensation in chest. How to get relief?

Hello. I have had a cough for a few weeks. For the first two weeks, it was dry, but I would cough until I gagged. I actually threw up once. The past two weeks the cough has still be somewhat dry, but I can feel mucus trying to come up. I also have a seal bark when I cough. I still cough so hard I gag, wheeze when I breathe, and have a cold , slightly painful sensation in my chest . Will this go away on its own? I have tried to call my doctor, but they are full and i have been placed on a waiting list. Unfortunately, after today the clinic is closed for a week. I can t afford to go anywhere else, seeing as how my doctor is free based on financial need. Will I be okay for a while or will it only get worse? I would appreciate any thoughts. Oh, and I do not feel like I have a fever.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012