Prolonged UTI, taken Gelevo, Niftran. Urine culture showed resistant to nitrofurantoin. Will Niftran work?

hi i was suffered from UTI on 5th May 2012 & take GELEVO tablet for 5 days. Again the same problem re occured on 20 th May. Doctor suggested to take GELEVO again & asked for complete urine culture . Taken GELEVO for a 10 days & in the mentime report of urine culture had come. Afte analysis the report doctor suggested to complete GELEVO for 15 days & then to START NIFTRAN for 20 days. In my urine culture the nitrofurantoin was shown as resist. Will NiFtran work for me? After taking NIFTRAN for 10 days suffering from VErigo, doctor suggested to take PAN 40 & CINTIGO alongwith NIFTRAN & to complete the course.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012