Progressing pain, limping, tensed gluteus, pain on knee. Advised PT. Thoughts?

I have pain that is progressing & i am now limping. It seems that it might be prirformis syndrome. I have no back pain. The back of my right but (gluetus maximus) feels tenses. Like the muscle is clenched in a fist. It has been this way for months now. I have pain down my right leg, not one consistent track. When i walk i get sharp pain in my knee area & i feel like the leg will give out. I thought it was between the back, the hip & or the knee. It could be 2 of the three. I do not have any pain in my groim which i am told is the classic hip pain. I saw a pm&r doc who did ct scan & x-rays & thought it was my back & had me do PT which was expensive and a total waste of time as it was just a repeat of my yoga class at 10x the cost. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013