Progress of Gall Bladder cancer Stage IV with Liver metastasis, is this progress good ?

Sir, I am from India. My father aged 68 years detected with Gall Bladder cancer Stage IV with Liver metastasis since April 2010. At that time his bilirubin level is approx 2.5, SGPT AST, SGPT ALT, SGGT, ALP were very abnormally high near about 1000 approx. After administering 3 full cycle of chemo therapy - viz medi : gemcitabine and cisplatin, manitol etc .. on doing the scan -report confirmed reduction in 41% of the size of cancer mass in gall bladder. Latest Liver function test report says bilirubin level is 0.40, SGPT AST is 48, SGPT ALT is 42, Alkaline Phospatase is 129, SGGT is 119. My father's hunger and appetite is increased, his bowels is clear and no pains in the stomach or lower abdomen since last 4 months. At present by today dated 10th July,2010 he will complete the 4th cycle of chemo. IS THE PROGRESS GOOD? Thanks and regards, P.Nag. Email: pnag67@gmail.com
Asked On : Sat, 10 Jul 2010