Professional dancer, knee and back pain, pain occurs at rest. Treatment options?

I m a dancer who had left dancing around 8 years back. Now I ve resumed back to full time dance. I m just 24 yrs old. I m getting knee pains and back pains. Specially knee pains are too much that i can t keep my legs in the same position for more than half an hour and once i keep it stable, it pains when i change the position. Not only while dancing but even when sitting normally in any vehicle, i should keep changing positions to avoid knee pains. I want to get rid of this to keep going full time dancing. Please suggest
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Great to meet you a dancer. Fantastic to know that you resumed dancing. You are definitely a great person who can tolerate a lot of pain. Your present condition is a testimony. In fact dancers can tolerate pain.

Your knees and back are having some sort of imbalanced position while you are dancing. compare with the styles of other dancers. videotape your dancing sequence. Watch it critically. Find the imbalance creating steps. Alter it. thats all.
Good luck to be a great dancer.