Producing more saliva with tightness in throat. Having swallowing difficulty. What should be done?

I have a question about a tightness in my throat I’ve been having for quite some time. I feel like I am producing more saliva then usual and I have constant swallowing due to this. When I swallow I don’t feel like I am able to completely swallow all my saliva and therefore my reflex is to swallow again. My throat is really tight and almost feels tired from so much swallowing. I find that I am burping a great deal too due to the constant swallowing. Sometimes when I burp I feel a bit of relief from the tightness. It makes it difficult to hold a conversation with others at times because the reflex to swallow gets in the way. Please let me know if there is any advise you can give. Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013