Problem with thyroid nodules, obesity, palpitations. Alternative treatment for synthetic hormones?

Hi! I m from Romania, 58, female, a PhD in English linguistics. I have great problems with my thyroid nodules , don t know what to do. I ve taken levotyroxine, but didn t help. I m fat, I have palpitations, etc. Doctors here don t know about dessicated thyroid, could that help me? I ve also heard that the synthetic hormones cause thyroid cancer , that s one of the reasons I don t take them. Could you give me a piece of advice, please? Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012