Problem with feet, swollen toes due to ill-fit shoes. What is the treatment?

I have been having problems with my feet recently. Two of my toes have become very swollen and I cannot bend them much at all, causing great discomfort. I think it could be down to ill-fitted shoes but I am not quite sure. They have been like this for at least 3 months now and I just wonder what I have done or if I have broken something? Any advice, much obliged!
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
If you had broken your toes you would have noticed and they would be painful. You would know yourself whether your shoes are poorly fitting. There is no specific treatment other than changing your shoes and elevating your feet if your toes become painful.