Problem with controlling bowel. What treatment is suggested?

My son is 4 years old and has been having problems controlling his bowel since January of this year. Very runny, mushy bowel movements, most of the time extremely smelly and have blood and a mucous in them. He was told he was impacted in jan. so we did treatment for that but still having the same issues. They did another X-ray and said he is cleared out now, forwarding us to a GI doc next week. What could be going on with him and is there anything I should ask them to check for to help my son get better before his first year of school starts? Also, He is a very healthy eater most of the time and we don t eat fast food, I make most everything homemade.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Your child seems to have fecal impaction with enterocolitis or dysentry
But dysentry or the other rare possibilities of inflammatory bowel disorders like Crohn's and ulcerative colitis to be ruled out.
Stool should be given for stool routine examination and for culture to rule out any infectious causes.
Consult your Gastroenterologist for further examination and evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query.