Probiotics in loose stools.I had sprolac for 3 days

i had loose stools for 1 days, almost for 3-4 times. i went to a doctor he gave me only sprolac for 3 days. he didnt give me any other tablets. but my loose stools are there, its semi solid now. the doctor didnt give me any other tablests, should i go for any antibiotics
Asked On : Mon, 12 Oct 2009
Sporilac contains lactobacillus bacteria. It is a friendly bacteria and kills many bacteria which wll cause infection of the intestines. Hence this is given for the loosemotions. There is no need for antibiotics for this

Your doctor knows it better dear. Consult him before starting. I get loose stools if i take antibiotics and it resolves on taking this sporilac. So it should not become worse for you.

i have read in an article that lactobacillus strain will reduce risk of colon cancer and also lowers is also given in antibiotoc associated diarrhea..