Probable cause for blood and mucus in stool, bloating, gas, pain in side?

Hi doctor. I m a 24 year old female and I d like to know the probable cause for the red blood and mucous on my stool every time I have bowel movement . I also feel bloated and has gassy feeling for more than two weeks. I searched the net and read about internal hemorrhoids but I don t think it s the reason. I also feel pain on my left side, under the ribs, but not too much. I do not pass stool regularly, sometimes once a week, sometimes thrice. But it s normal for me since childhood. What could be the reason for this? Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012