Prickly sensations in back. Sharp like a bite. What could this be?

I have had some prickly sensations in my back, just below shoulder blade area. They are quite sharp, like a bite or itch . I have had them several times now, and wonder what they could be caused by. I am 54 years old, peri menopausal, have just had recent surgery to remove an area of PASH from left breast , usually fairly healthy. I just wonder what these pains might be, they are not every day, but have been in the same area every time they have happened. Judy N
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012