Prickling above left eye, scalp, headache, migraine. Will medrol dosepack, steroid help?

I have a prickling needle feeling above my left eye and scalp to the touch. My left eye is bloodshot. Have had headache for 5 days centering around my left eye. I ve been diagnoses with a migraine . I m 59 and have never experienced a migraine before in my life. Medication prescribed has not given much relief. Any suggestions? Would a steroid help? I ve been given a prescription for Medrol Dosepack that I was to wait to fill if the other meds did not work.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012