Pricking sensation in right arm, radiates from elbow to shoulder. Due to cervical disc disease?

I have been experiencing sensations in my right arm like needles being jabbed in my skin.sometimes it starts like an itch and if I scratch it the needle feelings radiates from my elbow to my shoulder. ice helps is driving me crazy. the dermatologist said it is not a problem for his area...probably cervical disc disease but I m not convinced. I m 64 and in great shape otherwise. l swim laps every morning for 40 minutes.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013