Pricking sensation in pubic area, pregnancy test negative, waiting for periods. Suggestion?

Hi Doc , I have been ttc for a month now, and im having pricking sensation in the pubic area for more than a week now.. im awaiting my period in 2 days.. the hpk tests i took so far are -ve.. i have never experienced this pricking sensation before.. im 27 years old.... Please help..
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
Pricking sensation in your pubic area has nothing to do with pregnancy. Most probably you have infection.

Take regular bath, keep the area dry and then apply neosporin powder. If that does not help feel free to consult me directly

Dr. Som Biswas M.D.