Pricking pain in the right abdomen, radiating to the back, itching, painful. What could this be?

47 yr old female. I have prickly pain on surface of my skin in my mid-lower R quadrant with an intermittient throb coming from appendix area. No rash is evident but the skin feels really itchy. If I scratch the skin, even lightly, it s more painful. This started in the night 72 hrs ago. Day 2 the prickly itch has moved laterally and posteriorly. Day 3 and now pain is throbbing from the R kidney zone, itchy prickly skin feeling from just lateral of umbilicus around to my spine , still no rash. My R quadratus lumborum has now tightened up as if it s trying to protect.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012