Prevention of HIV after having unprotected sex

Dear sir i had a intercourse with a prostitute on Sunday in that process my condom was broken what medicine should i take to prevent Hiv
Asked On : Fri, 9 Mar 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
DEAR KRISHNAN
YOU SHOULD SATRT A POST EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS OR PEP FOR HIV IF DLAYIS NOT MORE THAN 72 HRS AS A PROSTITUTE HER LIKELY TO BE INFECTED WITH HIV IS MORE ,YOU HAVE TO TAKE INDINAVIR TABLET 800MG TDS FOR 28DAYS BESIDE ZIDOVUVIDE 300 MG AND LAMIVUDINE 150 MG TWICE A DAY FOR 28 DAYS.
Psychiatrist Dr. Aravinda Jawali's  Response
Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low. The potential risk remaining would be the remote possibility that your Naughty-Lady-From-Shady-Lane was still in her window period during which she would test HIV-antibody negative, but still be HIV infected. To eliminate this unlikely scenario, you could get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience.