Prevention and cure for TB, is it treated through drugs. Is TB infectious?

Hi, my question is about Tuberculosis . Our teacher mentioned in class today that it is still a big problem around the world which I didnt know. I wondered how we can prevent it becoming an even worse problem than it already is. Maybe you dont answer questions like that, but I wondered if TB has to be treated with drugs or if there are other ways to prevent or treat it as well. My friend went to africa last year and said that some people had it where she stayed. Is it very infectious?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013