Prevailing cough mostly in the morning, phlegm with odd taste, had severe cold

I have been coughing for a month now - after a bad cold ....mostly in the morning after I eat/drink something and it clears my throat . I bring up phlegm , usually white or light yellow - but sound like a smoker when I do it (which I am not). I went to Dr., and she put me on antibiotic and albuterol (which left a metal taste in my mouth-so I am not using the albuterol)...but when I cough up phlegm, it tastes odd (no smell to it, just taste). I have no fever ....just this stupid cough!
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012