Preteenager suffering from CAH since birth, taking Abilify and ADHD medication, developed vague chest pain. Is it related to steroids?

My 13 year old niece was born with CAH. She s on steroids for that since birth and also taking Abilify and an ADHD med. She s recently complaining of vague chest pains. HR is in 90s and BP 130/70. She s active and swims daily on her school team. Her father, a Paramedic, did an EKG to look for any abnormalies and didn t see any dysrythmias on 12 lead. Is HTN common in CAH? Could this be related to her steroids? Testosterone levels? Abilify or ADHD meds? She has an appt today with a pedi cardiologist . I m a RN and I m curious, of course. Thoughts? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013