Pressure, pain in right shoulder blade, burning, numbness in fingers. Hot compress, temporary relief. Treatment?

I have feeling of pressure around right shoulder blade and sometimes it hurts a lot. I straighten my back and try to squeeze blades together for relief but it doesn t feel better, and sometimes it soundl like I am popping my back (or maybe ribs?). Tonight I put a hot wet towel over entire upper back and around that shoulder, with my arem winged out. Soon I heard a very loud pop and everything felt better, less stiff, no numb areas in back. But that was short-lived and the problem is back. Not sure if the pop was a rib, or vertebrae, or I am even wondering if I have a big cyst or something deep under skin?? The biggest issue is sometimes it burns or just hurts a lot and my fingers are numb. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012