Pressure in right ear, sound in ear. Sleeps on foam pillow. No cold or sinusitis. Any ideas?

Over the past week I have had a pressure in my right ear and a definite reduction in hearing. I have a rushing sound and occassionaly I get a pop, then a high pitch whistle sound followed directly by pressure relief and my hearing back.
Over the past few months I noticed upon waking in the morning that this same ear feels almost like its "stuck together" inside the canal- but just briefly (1-2 min)
Is it possible that because I sleep on a memory foam pillow I am not getting enough air flow through my ear? The pillow is high quality but foam is foam- and I do tend to sleep on that side.
I appreciate your feedback - This is highly uncomfortable and irritating. I should mention I don't have any pain nor do I have a cold or sinus issues. My glands at not swollen and I am not an allergy sufferer.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013