Pressure in rectum. Had colonoscopy. Taking psylium. Is consulting a GI Dr. the right one to help me?

I have pressure in my rectum. It comes and goes, I have had colonoscopy 17months ago everything was normal.
I have had diarea off and on for several months now. Just started taking psylium the last several days it has helped, but today unbearable pressure and pain. Can't feel any hemrroids, not painful when I try to see or feel. What should I do it is the weekend. I did make a appt. with GI Dr. would he be the right one or a specialist in this area? Please help!
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013