Pressure in head, difficult to swallow. Taking betahistine. Assumed as inner ear infection. Suggest?

Whilst flying I experienced severe pressure in my head, i could not focus and found it difficult to swallow. I felt like I was going to pass out but not in the way of fainting, it was very frightening, it felt like something was wrong with my brain. I have been to the doctors and they said this could be the cause of an inner ear infection and prescribed me betahistine. It has been nearly four weeks now and I am still suffering. I have not even had it confirmed that it is inner ear infection, it just an assumption of the doctors because you cant see an inner ear infection. please can you tell me where I should go from here.K
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013