Pressure in both ears, suffer hearing loss. Diagnosed of retracted eardrums, advised Augmentin. Will it help ?

I feel so much pressure in my right and left ears and have hearing loss that came on suddenly in my right and left ears. Have been suffering from sinus condition. My right ear feels completely blocked and my left is almost completely blocked. I was diagnosed with retracted eardrums and I have been prescribed augmentin . I feel anxious and the condition has worsened. Will the Augmentin clear up the blockage or should I seek further care?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013