Pressure at the base of the neck, twitching of the head. Cause?

Recently, I have been having a sensation where sporadically throughout the day, I will feel a build up of pressure starting at the base of my neck that goes up my head from bottom to top, and the only way I can relieve this pressure is by twitching my head/neck. However, I don t have headaches or anything of the sort. I also find myself twitching (head/neck) while I m sleeping/if I fall asleep in a strange position, or waking myself up in the middle of the night uncontrollably twitching. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013