Pressure and tightness in chest, discomfort, occurs while sitting. Causes for symptoms?

I have slight pressure - tightness - in my chest . Been going on for about two weeks. Seems to be usually when I ve been sitting for awhile. Doesn t cause pain, but is uncomfortable at times. Sitting up or standing usually clears it but not always. Exercise - including running - seems to have no effect and I don t feel any more tired at any point.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
May be due to inflammation in your eating pipe. It typically causes slight heaviness in chest along with some palpitation. Avoid lying down immediately post meals, avoid spicy foods, avoid smoking.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.