Pressure and palpitations in chest, feeling anxious. Shoulder pain, heavy chest, fluttering

Hello Dr Samuel, I have scoured the internet and found the usual explanations for my symptoms and have made an appointment to see a doctor but am still concerned. Over the past 7 years I have been experiencing chest symptoms that have gradually become more severe. On the left-side, localized to where the nipple is and slightly under it, I get severe pressure with palpitations followed by a kind of deflating feeling. It continues the whole day and sometimes for weeks. I try to focus on something else otherwise I become very anxious. Usually, at most this feeling continues for 3 days, but I have been suffering with this for the past month now with a few hours of relief. My chest becomes super heavy and empty at the same time with intense fluttering flip flops. It is the strangest feeling. And now on top of that, since about 6 months, I wake up with shoulder pain on the right side. I usually feel all these symptoms either upon waking, sometimes after a meal or occasionally if I smoke . But more often that not, I wake up with them and they last the whole day. Every once and a while I will take a nap and they will disappear suddenly. Thanks for any insight. I really appreciate it.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012