Prescribed with lustral and OCD. Experienced seizure. Can I take lustral?

My son had been prescribed lustral 50 mg for his depression and OCD. He is also an alcoholic and during his last detox he had 2 grand mals. He has been on citalopran for the last 4 years but his GP felt a change would be better for him. I have read comments on this website and read that lustral should not be taken if someone has had a seizure. He had never experienced a seizure before but he was on his 9th detox with librium (70 tablets over 7 days). He had the seizures on the 1st day. He was at home, but luckily his girl friend is a nurse and knew what to do at the time. Please could you put my mind at rest regarding his taking lustral. Many thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013