Prescribed with cyclo progynova for PCOS. Is this a hormone replacement therapy? Trying to conceive

Hello, I am 36 year old mother (with a 6 year old daughter and have been TTC for 2 years with failure.
yesterday i visited a well known Gynacologist -
he told me I have PCOS and prescribed Cyclo Progynova.
i have normal 28 days cycle and have no acne or Hersutism or any of the PCOS symptoms..
I do not understand why take this drug, as this is a Hormone replacement Therapy.. why take it ? and what is the use ? i do not want to just disturb my system and take unwanted drugs when not needed..
should i go for a 2nd opinion or should i take the Cyclo Progynova as recomended.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013