Prescribed singulair and zantac for GERD. Having a lump in throat. Using saline spray alleviates lump. Xanax to control anxiety and follow GERD diet

I have this lump in my throat, it feels like phlegm . I went to see my ENT. he stated it is GERD and gave me prescription for SIngulair and Zantac . I became worried about SIngulair, since I do not have Asthma. I take CLaritin for allergies. I went to see a GI doctor. I was prescribed a PPI inhibitor medication. THe problem is this is consuming my natural state of mind. My GI doctor aslo gave me XANAX to help me calm down. It has only been a week. I feel better when chewing gum all day. However, at night, I can not sleep, I feel like I am choking. WHen I spray my nose with Saline nose spray and take a cough drop, it alliviates the lump in the throat for a few minutes. I do not wan to become obsessed, nor do I want to continue to take XANAX to always calm down this anxiety. THe doctor stated the Xanaz will help alleviate the anxiety until the GERD is under control with the pescribed medication and following the GERD diet. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012