Prescribed penicillin v for sore throat with yellow blisters, earache, headaches. How long will it last ?

Hi I was prescribed penicillin v yesterday by the emergency doc as I have a very sore throat with yellow blisters. I had a sore throat for two weeks but yesterday it suddenly got a lot worse and was accompanied by weakness. I am also in a lot if pain with earache and headache. How long can I expect the pain to last, I. E. when can I expect the penicillin to start making the pain subside? Sorry, my emergency doc hardly gave me 2 mins of his time. I ve never experienced an illness this painful. I am breastfeeding too.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013