Prescribed norethisterone for prolonged periods. Alternatives to this drug?

I have just been prescribed norethisterone for prolonged periods, I am 50. I last night read the leaflet which worried me re[ all the possible side effects.I have just looked on review website of people who have taken it and am now totally freaked out out of about 50 reviews only 2 say they have been ok ish all the rest have horrendous side effects.I therefore don t think I am going to risk taking them, I ll just have to put up with the bleeding . Can you tell meifthereare any alternatives to this drug?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013