Prescribed lyrica for chronic visceral hypersensitivity, had IBS and coeliac gene. Is the medicine okay?

Why would my daughter be prescribed lyrica for chronic visceral hypersentivity when it is mainly prescribed for arthritis problems. She also has been diagnosed previously with IBS and with blood tests has the coeliac gene . Chronic pain in bowels and stomach for eighteen years and is only 22 years old. One more drug for her to try. No results for pain relief in past several years. Is it one more guess from one more specialist? Hope for some guidance in this issue. From Evelyn s mother Wendy
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013