Prescribed levofloxacin. Has fever, high heart rate, burning urine sensation. On malirid. Sufficient?

hi, Doctor here had prescribe Tab levofloxacin 500 for 10 days to my father who is complaining about severing, high heart beats and some chill with burning urine sensation. The Urine test was done which reveal some infection. I am curious to know what kind of infection it is, as he is suffering about these symptoms except burning sensation in urine since past one month. he was prescribed to Malirid for 14 days. Please suggest what might be the infection and any side effects of the medicine prescribed ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012