Prescribed knee replacement due to torn meniscus with severe arthritis. How long it takes to cure?

Hi, i have just been told that i will need a full knee replacement due to torn miniscus and severe arthritis. my question is how long does it take before surgery is booked and more importantly after the surgery how long will l be off my feet. my reason for this quesrion is l have several jobs including moving furniture for several stores, also if it is possible to have the surgery before Christmas l play Santa Claus for the past 38 years and l need to know if l will have to miss a year, l hope not there are too many children who count on me. Thank you for your response in advance, l look forward to hearing from you, Bob Black
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013